When you have skin problems, it’s important to see a dermatologist in the South Florida area who can give you the right diagnosis and treatment. But how do you know if a dermatologist is right for you? What should you look for when shopping for a new dermatologist?
Here are some things to consider when choosing a dermatologist:
- Make sure the dermatologist is board certified. Board certification means the doctor has completed additional training and testing in dermatology. Board-certified dermatologists are up-to-date on the latest advances in skincare.
- Find out if the dermatologist has experience treating your type of skin problem. For example, if you have acne, find out if the dermatologist has treated other patients with acne.
- Ask about the office hours and location. You’ll want to choose a doctor who has office hours that are convenient for you. And, if you have a skin problem that needs to be treated urgently, you’ll want to choose a dermatologist who is located near you for fast and easy treatment.
- Ask about the dermatologist’s fees. Many insurance plans cover at least a portion of the cost of seeing a dermatologist. But, depending on your plan, you may have to pay a copay or coinsurance. Be sure to ask about the cost of any tests or procedures that may be recommended.
- Ask for referrals from family and friends. If you know someone who has visited a dermatologist for the same condition and has found relief, ask for their recommendation.
- Check the dermatologist’s credentials. You can check the doctor’s credentials by contacting the Florida state medical board or the American Academy of Dermatology.
With the right dermatologist, you can get the treatment you need!
Once you’ve found a dermatologist who meets your needs, you’ll need to make an appointment for an evaluation. If you are ready to connect with our team here at Hollywood Dermatology and Cosmetic Specialists to learn more about our office and the conditions we treat, we welcome you to call 954-961-1200 to request a consultation at one of our seven office locations throughout South Florida. We are committed to helping patients in the community find solutions for their skin, body, hair, and nail needs!