Any patient diagnosed with eczema understands that itchy, dry skin can be a common problem for them. However, there are different forms of eczema, each with its own patterns and issues. At Hollywood Dermatology and Cosmetic Specialists, patients in the South Florida community can visit one of our seven office locations to get a definitive diagnosis of their condition and discuss possible treatment options. Knowing the different varieties of eczema can help patients better understand the type they are dealing with and how to find the most effective solution.
What are some of the different types of eczema that may be diagnosed in a patient?
Below are some of the more common types of eczema that our team at Hollywood Dermatology and Cosmetic Specialists may find in patients:
- Atopic dermatitis. Atopic dermatitis is a chronic inflammatory skin condition characterized by dry, itchy skin.
- Contact dermatitis. Contact dermatitis is a skin reaction that occurs when the skin comes into contact with a substance that it is sensitive or allergic to.
- Dyshidrotic eczema. Dyshidrotic eczema is a type of eczema characterized by small, itchy blisters on the hands and feet.
- Nummular eczema. Nummular eczema is a type of eczema characterized by round, coin-shaped patches of dry, itchy skin.
- Seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is a type of skin inflammation characterized by oily, scaly skin typically on the scalp, similar to dandruff.
What are some treatment options for eczema?
There is a wide range of treatments that are designed to help patients with conditions like eczema. However, it is essential to know the type of eczema present to find the most effective solution. With a definitive diagnosis of eczema, patients can then work with the dermatologists at Hollywood Dermatology and Cosmetic Specialists to find the treatment option most appropriate for their unique needs.
How do I learn more about managing eczema?
South Florida area patients who are dissatisfied with their current treatments for eczema may want to reach out to the team at Hollywood Dermatology and Cosmetic Specialists to speak to a professional who can help. Call 954-961-1200 to request an appointment at any of the seven office locations available.