When men and women are interested in addressing unwanted areas of fat that are not responding to traditional methods of treatment such as diet and exercise, they often think of liposuction. Traditional liposuction is an invasive procedure that is performed by a doctor. However, there are alternative options available to patients in the area of South Florida who visit Hollywood Dermatology and Cosmetic Specialists. Instead, many patients learn more about solutions such as tumescent liposuction.
What is tumescent liposuction?
Tumescent liposuction is the removal of unwanted fat from specific areas of the body without a large cannula used in traditional methods. Instead, this microcannula used to remove fat from underneath the skin result in less scarring and less invasiveness. This procedure is done without general anesthesia, and reduces the recovery time often related with traditional methods. This fat removal and body contouring treatment for men and women has many benefits. It:
- Doesn’t require deep anesthetics, allowing patients to be awake for their procedure with local anesthetics only.
- Reduces the size of scars left behind from treatment due to the smaller instrument used.
- Does not require as long of downtime and recovery as traditional methods.
- Allows for more precision body contouring.
- Reduces the risk of infection and allows for shorter recovery—which means a faster return to one’s normal activities.
- Reduces the risk of irregularities in the fat removal with an improved fat-removal technique.
- Decreases bleeding and swelling that is associated with other plastic surgery solutions.
- Includes monitoring of all vital functions during the procedure, including respiratory rate and blood pressure.
- Reduces surgical risks associated with general anesthesia and eliminates significant adverse reactions to medications or anesthesia.
- Is comparable in cost with other surgical alternatives.
Learn more about tumescent liposuction today!
If you reside in the South Florida area and desire working with a team of doctors who can provide cosmetic surgery solutions, we welcome you to call Hollywood Dermatology and Cosmetic Specialists. Patients can connect with us at (954) 961-1200 and get started learning more about body contouring solutions available at our facility. We have seven convenient office locations in the South Florida area.