What are the Benefits of CoolSculpting?
Do you have stubborn areas of fat that you can’t seem to lose even though you follow a strict diet and exercise program? For some people, no amount of diet and exercise can reduce the appearance of unwanted fat deposits on your hips, tummy, or thighs, which can lower your confidence. CoolSculpting is a new, non-surgical procedure designed to eliminate small areas of unwanted fat. Read on to see if you’re a good candidate for this cutting-edge treatment.
What Is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is an FDA-approved, non-invasive procedure that uses cold temperatures to target and kill fat cells while leaving surrounding tissue unharmed. During the procedure, a trained physician applies a gel pad and applicator to the treatment area. Bursts of cold temperatures destroy fat cells in the target area, which are naturally eliminated by the body.
What Area Does CoolSculpting Treat?
CoolSculpting is perfect for targeting stubborn pockets of fat on the following areas:
- Love handles
- Muffin top
- Inner thighs
- Outer thighs (saddle bags)
- Double chin
- Under the buttocks (banana roll)
Who Makes a Good Candidate for CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is not a weight loss tool. An ideal candidate for the procedure is someone who is within 10 to 20 pounds of their ideal body weight and is in good physical condition. You might consider CoolSculpting if you:
- Want to Avoid Surgery—Unlike liposuction, which requires anesthesia and considerable recovery time, CoolSculpting is a non-surgical procedure with little to no downtime.
- Are Not Pregnant—No studies show how the CoolSculpting process could affect an unborn baby, so it’s better to wait until after pregnancy to undergo the procedure. Additionally, postponing the procedure until after pregnancy will help you determine which areas would best benefit from treatment.
- Understand the Likely Outcome of the Procedure—Having reasonable expectations from CoolSculpting is important. You should understand how the process works and realize that you won’t lose a lot of weight or reduce your clothing size by undergoing the procedure.
- Have Enough Fat in Your Target Area—Typically, you must be able to “pinch an inch” of fat to be an ideal candidate for CoolSculpting. Having more fat won’t effectively reduce the target area and having too little fat won’t respond to treatment.
- Are in Overall Good Health—CoolSculpting can cause minor pain during treatment and leave bruises and nerve pain for a few days afterward. Healthier patients are less likely to experience these side effects.
What Are the Benefits of Choosing CoolSculpting Over Other Methods?
The benefits of CoolSculpting are numerous in comparison to surgical techniques like liposuction and include:
- A non-surgical and non-invasive procedure
- A safe and effective treatment
- Avoiding anesthesia and needles
- Little downtime
In addition, CoolSculpting is a permanent solution for eliminating stubborn pockets of fat, assuming you don’t gain a significant amount of weight to negate the procedure. You’ll notice a reduction of fat in the target area within two to three weeks of treatment. Most patients are successfully treated in one visit, while others may need more treatments to reach desirable results.
If you’re interested in learning more about the CoolSculpting process or if you’d be a good candidate for the procedure, make an appointment with Hollywood Dermatology today for a consultation. We offer CoolSculpting in addition to many other cosmetic procedures designed to make you look and feel your absolute best.