Should I get Cellulite Treatment?
Even if you’ve worked to maintain or achieve a healthy weight, cellulite can still cause you to look less than your best.
What is cellulite treatment?
Accent body contouring cellulite treatment utilizes radiofrequency technology to improve the texture of your skin’s surface and stimulate the production of new collagen. This treatment effectively treats cellulite while improving the texture of your skin’s surface.
Who makes a good candidate for cellulite treatment?
- You’re unhappy with the effect cellulite has on your appearance.
- You’re in good overall health.
- You have realistic expectations about what the treatment can achieve.
What are the benefits of cellulite treatment?
- Effective – excellent long-term results with steady improvement
- Quick - takes only up to 45 minutes
- No anesthesia needed – patients usually compare the feeling to a warm massage with little or no discomfort
- No downtime – immediately return to your daily activities
- No bruising – slight redness may occur, but it disappears in less than 24 hours
What causes cellulite?
Cellulite occurs when the layers of collagen fibers that hold down fat overstretch or weaken. The underlying fat deposits start to push through bands of fibrous connective tissue and push on the underside of skin, which leads to a dimpling effect.
What causes cellulite isn’t completely understood, but it may be caused by hormones, excess fat, insufficient exercise, muscle tone, and poor circulation. Although excess fat can increase your chances of having cellulite, it can occur even in slender people.
Men can get cellulite, but not nearly as often as women. That’s because they have more connective tissue that helps keep their fat in place.
How can you avoid cellulite?
Even if you take very good care of yourself, you may still get cellulite. But the following can reduce your chances of getting it or reduce its appearance once you have it:
- Diet - A healthy diet with plenty of fruits and veggies can help you keep from being overweight and also reduce inflammation in your body. Staying well hydrated by drinking plenty of water and eating foods with a high water content – such as tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers – can help strengthen your connective tissue.
- Exercise - Exercise can help prevent cellulite or help reduce its appearance. Strength training builds muscle and improves circulation, and specific yoga routines target the thighs and butt.
- Maintaining a healthy weight - When you have less fat underneath your skin, it’s less likely to stress your connective tissue and bulge out.
If you’re concerned about the effect that cellulite has on your appearance, make an appointment today for a consultation with Hollywood Dermatology & Cosmetic Specialists. We have several convenient South Florida locations and provide the full spectrum of skin care services.