How Does CoolScuplting Work?
What is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is an innovative way to shape your body by freezing stubborn and unwanted fat with zero downtime. The non-invasive procedure delivers precise cooling to very specific areas, targeting fat cells between the skin. They become frozen and die, and your body then eliminates them. The number of fat cells from treated areas is permanently reduced by about 20 to 25%, but untreated areas aren’t affected.
What happens during a treatment?
You’ll first meet with a CoolSculpting clinician, and together, you’ll look at your body from different angles. You’ll discuss the areas you’d like to improve.
A customized treatment plan will be developed for you to achieve your desired goals. In some cases, this may require only one office visit, but if you’d like to treat several different areas, more than one visit may be required.
Your treatment isn’t surgery, and it requires no anesthetic or cutting. A clinician will apply a gel pad and applicator to the areas you’d like to target. Controlled cooling will be applied, and you may feel intense cold in the treated area for a few minutes.
Most applicators use a vacuum to pull fatty tissue, so you may feel slight tugging. However, the procedure is fairly comfortable and many patients choose to read or nap during.
Who is a good candidate for CoolSculpting?
- You have a realistic view of the results that can be achieved.
- You’re close to your desired weight.
- You’ll eat a balanced diet and exercise so your existing fat cells don’t expand.
- You have localized trouble spots that can be easily accessed.
- You’re in good overall health.
- Your skin is in good health and is elastic.
- You’re not pregnant or nursing.
What are the benefits?
- Approved by the FDA
- Can treat a wide variety of areas, including the abdomen, “love handles,” thighs, double chin, back, and underneath the buttocks
- Permanent results
- No preparation – other than a consultation – required
- Generally painless, with only minimal discomfort possible
- Uses no anesthesia and no incisions
- No downtime
- Can effectively target stubborn problem areas
If you’d like to improve your appearance by sculpting problem areas, make an appointment today with Hollywood Dermatology & Cosmetic Specialists at one of our convenient South Florida offices. We’d be happy to meet with you to discuss your concerns and whether CoolSculpting or other treatment plans can help achieve your goals.